Prof Jens C. Andersen
Current research projects
- Platinum-group metals, vanadium and titanium in the Skaergaard intrusion, East Greenland (collaboration with the Geological Survey of Denmark and Greenland, Cambridge University and Simon Fraser University).
- EU INTERREG project “MARINEFF” exploring novel eco-friendly concrete materials for marine construction (research fellow Violeta Ramos, project led by ESITC Caen).
- Granite-related critical metal occurrences in Southwest England (subcontract for the Li4UK project).
- Platinum-group metals in the Parana basalts, Brazil (PhD student Jordan Lindsay, collaboration with the Federal University of Parana, Brazil).
- Mineralogical tracers of archaeological pottery in SW England (with the SW Implement Petrology Group).
- Just published: Lindsay JJ, Hughes HSR, Yeomans CM, Andersen JCØ, McDonald I. (2021) From Continent to Ocean: Investigating the Multi-Element and Precious Metal Geochemistry of the Paraná-Etendeka Large Igneous Province Using Machine Learning Tools, Earth Science, Systems and Society, volume 1, DOI:10.3389/esss.2021.10039.
Explore current research on the Skaergaard intrusion in this short video from the Underground Channel